Monday, February 8, 2010

Slipcovered armchairs, part 3: Getting there

When I last posted about sewing slipcovers for the armchairs in my reading nook, I was struggling. Only one skirt was tacked on, and even the throw pillows were unfinished.

Where am I today?


I'm happy to report that TWO skirts are now tacked on, and both throw pillows are complete. I still have to actually stitch the skirts on (I don't know why I am dreading that step so much), and I also need to attach the piece of fabric that goes underneath the seat cushion. You won't actually be able to see this piece, but it will help keep the rest of the slipcover in place. See how the arms are kind of saggy baggy elephant?


Poor elephant. At least the chairs only have to deal with my scornful looks and laziness. There are no laughing parrots to deal with.

3 comments:

C. A. Farrell said...

The pillows look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

You did that?! They look fantastic! I pass up so many beautiful chairs because I wouldn't have the first clue where to start ~

Julie said...

Thanks! Sarah, I did half of the slipcovers, really. I made the covers for the frame of the chair, but I had an upholsterer make the cushions. These chairs are my first real project, and no way do I have what it takes to make the cushions. And my mom helped me make the skirts ... she's way more advanced than I am.