Saturday, November 14, 2009

Inspired by vintage pharmacy labels

At Brimfield this September, I bought a couple of bags of vintage pharmacy labels ... in French! There are a few other random languages in the bags, too.


Here's a closer look at a couple of my favorites:



Don't you think pharmacy labels of yore were so much prettier than today's labels? Case in point:


I see these labels in a clean white bathroom with vintage details.


The bathroom above is close to what I was thinking, but the bottles in my vision are clear glass, or at least lighter tints. Kind of like this one I found on eBay:


I envision either a white porcelain sink, or one like this from American Standard:

And a built-in or stand-alone piece that looks like it might have been in an old- fashioned pharmacy completes the room.


I could also frame some of the labels. I think they would look great in a large grouping of small frames, mounted on a simple linen background.

What do you think - frames or bottles?

1 comment:

Miss B said...

I loved this post, wish I found some fab labels like these:)