Friday, November 13, 2009

Recreating the pink bed

I'm revisiting this image:

But this time, I'm going to tell you how to get the same look. Live the dream!


Let's start with the bed. I choose the Edland from Ikea, at $299 for a queen. You could paint it black or leave it white.

For the rug, I give you this 8' by 10' Kilim Stripe Rug made by Nate Berkus for HSN. It's $159.

Now for the elusive pink blanket. This Pine Cone Hill Fleece Blanket was on sale for $159 on Nov. 11. After that, it returned to its usual price of $188. It seems like it has the right look and drape, so it might just work.

You'll need a white blanket with similar drape to layer under the pink blanket, but there's no need to spend a lot of money if you don't have one already. This white cotton flannel blanket is $39.99

I am going to skip the set of basic white sheets, since that's something that most of us own (or at least know where to find). You might notice that the top sheet on the inspiration picture is a very light, silvery grey.

I found a 1000TC Egyptian Cotton Sheet set in smoke, priced at $119.99. This is a subtle enough detail that if you're looking to save money, this might be a good one to skip.

It wasn't easy to find a charcoal grey pillow to use as an accent pillow. I saw lots of sheets in that color, and chances are you could find one or two pillow cases at Homegoods. But for the purposes of this blog entry, the Channel-Stitch Quilt and Sham from West Elm in slate works great. It's $24.

I'm not as interested in finding a good night stand. I think craigslist, garage sales and second hand stores are the best places to find furniture like this, especially when it's painted. But if you don't have time for the hunt, I like this Scalloped End Table from Walmart. It's $59, which doesn't hurt.

And, to go on top of the end table, I think any of these Hobnail Mercury Glass vases from Mothology fit the bill. They're in the $62-$84 range.

I found the Eleanor Frameless Mirrors on the Pottery Barn website. Any of them would work, but I think one of the bigger ones would be good.

Last but not least is the wallpaper. I think Farrow & Ball Silvergate might be the same as what is pictured in the inspiration photo.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What if you find the perfect blanket in white and then wash it with a red shirt...there you go, a pink blanket.

Julie said...

Real funny, Sara. Yet kind of tempting.