Thursday, November 19, 2009

Yo, I'll tell you what I want - to go shopping in England!

Wow! Thanks to everyone who commented and left their thoughts on whether captions should be above or below photos. Who knew there were so many passionate opinions on this topic?

I picked up a copy of the Good Homes November 2009 issue before I left for my trip on Monday. It's printed in the UK, and I think it's fun to see what differences there are in decor.

A picture of a beautiful measuring cup led me to Sainsbury's website, and let me just say this: No fair! Why do the British get everything? Seriously, the kitchen gadgets on that website are amazingly different and appealing.

Look at this blender:

This kitchen scale take my breath away:
The bowl part must twist off, right? Otherwise it's useless. You know, I'd probably try to order this if it weren't for the fact that all those little numbers on the bottom are measuring units that are as meaningless to me as temperatures in celsius or references to Bella and Edward's relationship in Twilight, because sorry - I've opted out of that one.

No comments: