Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Coming to terms with a brown couch

Our couch is brown. I'm not crazy about it, but it's too new to replace. I've been looking for examples of rooms that I like that happen to have a lot of brown in them, and here's what I've come up with so far.



I actually have a fabric that is very similar to the blue flowers on the chairs above. I like the color palate above, but the browns in my family room are a little deeper toned.

I'm pretty sure the next couch is gray, but I think an espresso-colored sofa in that place would have the same effect.



In the picture above, I like the light blue and the hints of pink and lavender in the artwork and flowers. There's a brown couch in the next picture, but look at all that white! It's way too stark with the brown.



I wish the pillow on the chair in front of the fireplace was covered with a brightly colored fabric. Something like the back of the chair in the room below:



I love the pink. Not the black zebra pattern.

This one's good, too:



Varying shades of brown, with soft white accents. And more purple flowers! I guess I like purple and brown together.

Purple and blue, here's my message to you: thanks for helping me come to terms with a brown couch. I think we can make it work.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

As the former owner of a brown couch, it is too late for me to benefit. But, I really like the bright accents too.