Friday, December 11, 2009

Vacation destination: Paris ... for rent

Behold the wonders that await when one does a Google image search for "Paris Apartment."

Is this a green table? I think I love it. And look at the couch/daybed combo. I wonder if this is a studio apartment.


If this next picture had a higher resolution, I'd be magnifying like crazy. What's on the wall over the table? And I'd love a closer look at the plush down cushions on the two accent chairs across from the couch. What an airy space.



The next room has a lot of purple, and I mean that in a good way. A perfect complement to the painting and the chandelier.

This next room has many of my favorite elements - mainly that it's light, bright and airy.




Ditto to this one. Look at the balconies and the view!



Again with the lavender. The curtains are so full, and they bring a very elegant feel to a room that might otherwise feel cramped.

Look at this next one. It's in an old, old building. You can just tell.



It looks like there's a table and couch right across from the beds. I honestly believe I could live in this space, just as it is, for a long, long time:

And this one is pretty much the epitome of chic. Not that I know that much about chic, but does this room look like it would be in a city anywhere other than Paris? The bolster at the foot of the bed is the perfect detail, and looks so effortless.

Thus concludes my Google jaunt to Paris. I think the next time I travel, I will look into renting an apartment for a week instead of staying at a hotel. Know of any good ones?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are AMAZING! What better way to get a feel for a city than to stay in an apartment? I would feel like a character in a movie staying in one of these places...