Friday, December 4, 2009

Vacation means never having to make the bed

My week-long vacation begins today! I'm in the mood to lounge around in pretty places and not do much of anything besides look at pictures of other pretty places.

Sheets that are slightly rumpled is one of my favorite looks for a bed, especially when I have lounging on my mind. The picture below is probably a little bit too girly to ever pass in our bedroom. Something about the pink hearts, I guess. But I love it, especially the sheets paired with the brown plaid wool blanket. It keeps it from being too frou-frou, and instead makes it casual and warm.


Don't you want to be sitting in the spot right where the sun is hitting the bed?

Here are the heart sheets again, paired with the same warm gold tones. This time the hearts are blue. Manly, even. I love the mix of blue patterns in the pillows and on the headboard, and how the blue is carried over into the wallpaper and the flowers on the night table.


I'm playing a little game here. Each picture has something in common with the previous picture. Can you spot the common link in the next photo?


That's right, it's the casually folded mustard-colored wool blanket at the foot of the bed. I love the drab color next to the red wool on the chair. And, red happens to be the next common link, though the red blanket in the next photo is a little brighter than the one above.


And once again, there's a drab-colored blanket folded at the foot of the bed. The browns and greens are so perfect for these otherwise feminine spaces.

The next picture has layer upon layer in what happen to be my current favorite colors -- pale pinks and blues and mushroom-toned grays and browns. I love how the layers of blankets are cozy, yet there's not a down blanket in sight. It's slightly reminiscent of another one of my favorite layered beds.


And now, for the big reveal. This is where I will be doing my actual "lounging" today:


Buzz-kill :(

1 comment:

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Thanks for commenting on my guest room, as it brought me here. I love your blog and I have used many of the same images on mine. I find it interesting everyone own take on the same picture. Don't be a stranger. I look forward to getting to know you...