Thursday, December 10, 2009

Tasteful decor: Peppermint candy

A pink bedroom is sweet enough as it is, without anyone pointing out that if it needed a candy comparison,


it would be peppermint ribbon candy. See the red trim on the pillows? It's there on the candy, too. You see where this is going ...

(ribbon candy)


You can practically taste the hand-blocked red and white striped wallpaper in a Cote d'Azur beach house designed by Nicholas Haslam.



It tastes like peppermint sticks, of course.

(peppermint stick)


A sweet settee with pink bolster pillows ...



... is, in candy form, a round peppermint lollipop. If you squint, the ends of the pillows look like the classic peppermint spiral design.



(peppermint lollipop)


And fluffy pink pillows combined with a red blanket


( Decor Pad )

or a crisp wintergreen trim

(Sharyn Blond linens)


couldn't be anything else but pink peppermint marshmallows.



A creamy bed with the vaguest hints of stripes and red (see the tie on the pillow in the back?) and a tufted bench ...




... is a bowl of peppermint ice cream.




And finally, a sparkly white mantel with wintergreen accents and icy, glittery snowflakes

(holiday mantel)

is, in foodie form, an icy, minty drink, appropriately called "Peppermint Cheer."


(Peppermint Cheer)


Lucky for us, Peppermint Cheer has a recipe.

Peppermint Cheer
Ingredients:
1 1/2 parts Vanille Royale
1/2 part peppermint schnapps
1/2 Grey Goose vodka
Shake ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled martini glass, or serve on the rocks. Garnish with a peppermint stick or sprig of mint.

And lucky for me, Peppermint Cheer sounds like it will be a delicious pairing with potato latkes!

5 comments:

C. A. Farrell said...

Thanks! Now all I can think about is where to get a scoop of peppermint ice cream. The first bedroom with the pink walls and red accents is lovely. The walls remind me of the look I was going for in the house on Lincoln. I so wanted to love the pink walls, but somehow I could never find a way to make the pink feel just right. After reading this though I want to try again.

Anonymous said...

I am really hungry now :)
Love this collection of rooms- you might be onto something- rooms that reflect foods!

Julie said...

I should have added this disclaimer: I had peppermint ice cream waiting for me as soon as I was done with this post ;)
I think I will do more foods for the "Tasteful Decor" series. If you have any tasty suggestions, send them my way ...

Anonymous said...

How about the warm golds, browns and creams found glowing amidst crisp latkes?

Anonymous said...

or maybe the maize, red, brown, and cream found in a chipotle burrito bowl. maybe with accents of green if you like guacamole.